Sunday 30 August 2009

"tornillo"

 "Welcome Home, Clare!" ... we have missed you ...a LOT! Rainbows to celebrate your return.......xoxoxoxo
They dance around my kitchen at certain times of the day.

...and this is a "tornillo," which means "screw" in Spanish..... (hmmmmm, get your minds out of the gutter...) In English, the tree is "Screw-Bean Mesquite."  I think that these things are incredible. I picked up a handful when we were in El Paso in early August and have them in a clear box so that I can look at them all the time. Thought you might like to see it.



2 comments:

  1. Are those tornillos soft or hard.? Very curious looking. Look like some type of knitted work. Can they be dyed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are hard and twisted...on tiny little branches. They were lying on the ground under the tree and I just had to pick them up. They are super cool. I will try to send you one. I don't think they can be dyed, but who knows. You could try.....

    ReplyDelete