Saturday 3 October 2009

October in France

First of all, happy birthday, birthday girls! Judging from our garden, this year October looks like a great month to have one. We continue to have an amazing warm and sunny Autumn here in S W France and the garden is still bursting with blooms (mostly lipstick pink it would seem), many of which we have never really seen before because the bad weather stops us from going outside to admire them. Anyway, below are a few of my favourties to brighten your day.

Seeing the three girls in Santa Fe and reading Jone's post made me very jealous. Loved the photos - you looked like you were having a fab time!

In between supervising builders (the barn conversion has finally started) and gardening I managed to make a necklace, with Julie-style cloth beads and ephemera, to cheer up a friend whose beloved dog has gone missing in the woods - it's hunting season round here and thechasse will shoot anything that moves. I forgot to take a photographs before handing it over so you will have to take my word that it was pretty darn good for a first try.



1 comment:

  1. I would love to be in France with YOU!
    Our weather is perfect right now, though, my FaVoRiTe time of year, for certain!
    Thanks for the photos of the garden.....beautiful.
    Hope all goes well with the construction - despite the rain....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete