Friday 9 October 2009

At "Home"

Hello All...
I am in Austin, Texas visiting my mother. Her house is really wonderful. I thought I'd show you a few of the rooms that are so inspiring to me....

First, though, meet this doll who sits in a bowl to greet visitors. She is made by my friend, Tricia, who made the whimsical ceramic things I posted a while back..I LOVE her!
When you first walk into the house, you are met with a wall of drawings that my father did. I like how Mom displays them.....

This is the wall opposite the wall of drawings. Mom's "pear" collection is housed in the desk on the left. I'll get some details later....
Here is the Dining Room, officially, but seems to be more of a "greeting" room. Mom uses the table to display lovely things, depending on the season....
..and in the kitchen..... my brothers and I had photos of our families done in black and white and my niece had them framed together for Mom's birthday. She has done this little "black & white" vignette" to display it.....nice.

3 comments:

  1. very, very wonderful! sigh... thanks for the pictues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful set of photos, not only do the rooms look straight out of country living magazine but you can feel the peaceful atmosphere. I would love to meet your mum, those family photos look stunning.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doll is very cute. Does your friend make many dolls? Hope you had fun in Austin.

    ReplyDelete