Saturday 29 January 2011

Budding Embroidery

On Friday, my niece Haiden (who is a 5 year old twin) was home sick and I stayed with her all day. Her sister, Cece, went to school.
Haiden and I did quite a bit of sewing.
Every few minutes she would say, "I can't believe that I am sewing, Aunt Jone"

She really did a beautiful sampler - she drew all the designs with a "magic" pen and then chose her thread. I helped her thread the needle each time there was a color change and she stitched happily away, asking for help only when there was a surprise knot, or something.

I'm so glad I got to spend the day with her - doing what I love to do so much.
I think that Cece is ready to work on a little sewing, too, now.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day for all of you:))))
    I wish I was there with you,
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm your niece looks like a real sweetheart...a real resemblance to Grayson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLESS! ISNT IT LOVELY TO PASS ALONG THE CRAFTS TO A LOVED ONE - PLEASURE FOR ALL AND SHE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER WHO TAUGHT HER EMBROIDERY JONE! XXDI

    ReplyDelete